How to get a medium rigid (MR) truck licence
- Your truck training course will be conducted using a log book
- In South Australia we use the CBT (competency based training and assessment) training method for our MR trucking licence as required by the regulator DPTI (Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure).
- The log book paperwork can be found on the sa.gov.au website
What is the CBT truck training procedure for the MR truck licence
- Adelaide Truck Training Centre helps you and structures your lesson to your needs.
- To achieve an MR truck licence in Adelaide you have to meet the South Australian government standard for licencing. As you complete each module of your training, our instructors will mark off your competency levels in your MR truck training log book.
- Once you have completed your MR truck training log book, our truck training instructors will issue you a certificate of competency which you can use to get your MR truck licence from the South Australia government
How do you get started on your MR truck licence
- Our friendly staff are able to help you with any questions you may have. Just call 8244 4374 during business hours.
- MR truck licence training courses can be booked 7 days a week by calling our office or using our booking request form.
What can I drive with a Medium Rigid (MR) Truck Licence
- A motor vehicle authorised to be driven by a licence of a preceding class
- A motor vehicle (other than a special purpose vehicle) with 2 axles and a GVM greater than 8 tonne
- A motor vehicle included above towing a single trailer (other than a semi-trailer) with a GVM not greater than 9 tonne, subject to the combination mass limits fixed under the Heavy Vehicle National Law (South Australia)
- A special purpose vehicle with 2 axles and a GVM greater than 8 tonne, or 3 or more axles and a GVM not greater than 15 tonne
May tow: any farm implement. Any trailer with a GVM not exceeding 9 tonne provided it is within the GCM of the towing vehicle.
Must have held a car licence for at least one year.
Terms and Conditions
- Cancelling with less than 3 days (72 hours) clear notice during office hours will result in deposits being retained.
- If more than 72 hours notice given, the deposit less administration and booking fees will be refunded.
- Late fees may apply
- Office hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm - excluding public holidays.
- For bookings, call 8244 4374 or contact us here